Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Super Fantastic Free Song!!!

So the glorious Amanda Fucking Palmer is free from her previous record label and as a thank you to her fans has posted a free song. You don't have to pay anything to download it, it's gratis thanks to her. You can choose to pay/donate for it like I did (songs usually go for $0.99 or $1.99 on iTunes, I paid her $2.99 simply because I loved the song) or you can take it for free, you lazy cheap bitches.

The song is available at this website right here and I can tell you it's fantastic. I love AFP anyways, but this song really resonates with me about doing what you want because you can and not because anybody else has told you to or expects you to.

Anyhow, go to that website and check out her song. She plays ukelele and piano on it in addition to singing, and her partner in EvelynEvelyn, the incomparable Jason Webley, plays guitar. Another friend of hers by the name of Sam Kulik adds the beautiful sound of trombone to the song for an indelibly quirky, lyrically witty, musically brilliant piece of music. If you like her style of music, you will love this song. If you've never heard of Amanda Palmer or her band The Dresden Dolls you should go listen to this song. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment